Thursday, November 23, 2006

My First Fondant Cake



So this is my newest cake with fondant (which tastes gross unless you make it from scratch with marshmallows). This one wasn't that tough to do - except for the quilting effect cuz I had NO CLUE how to do it. The ribbon and the blue was pretty easy except some cracking at the corners. =/

But yah, it took me the longest time, debating whether or not to do the quilting effect cuz I didn't want to ruin how smooth it was . But in the end I did it and I'm glad I did. haha :) It turned out alright - And it was pretty fun. :) Totally just took a lil square piece of paper and put diamonds every where right before I went to work. ahahah :) I'm crazy.




Anyways, not much to this cake. Yup. Next up, the finale - the wedding cake. :)

1 comment:

marii said...

This cake is so cute! I like it alot with the quilting effect. It looks like a pillow! I really love how you made it blue :) It's our favorite color! YAY!