Saturday, December 02, 2006

My final - the wedding cake!




So this was my last cake of the Wilton Series! The wedding cake! It turned out alright.
The pattern was a lil hard to do at first since I was trying to trace it on - in the end I just ended up eye-balling it and making various flower patterns. :) The ribbon is a real ribbon and Uh - yah.

Anyways, so yah, I made those fondant roses on top sprinkled in with some blue flowers - just cuz i love blue! hahah :)

Um - the bottom cake was sooo super yummy - a dark chocolate cake with non-dairy whipped cream icing and the top was a carrot cake =P Yum!

So yah - that was it. Hopefully I can take the gumpaste flowers class later on! :) and I get to learn how to make even more flowers!

I can't wait to make more cakes! Keith says I should make one for next week for his work - haha :) Woohoo!! We'll see what I do!! My friend in class made these awesome pillow cakes - It inspired me to start getting creative too! Wooooot! :)

3 comments:

marii said...

I can't believe how awesome your cake looks! I want to eat it! The flowers turned out so freaking awesome!!! You are the most awesome cake maker EVAR. You should retire as an engineer and become an official cake decorator!!!!

Aaron Abitia said...

Dang, another home run Vivian. That is seriously the most beautiful cake I've ever seen. No joke.

Vivian said...

hahaha!! You guys are crazy. =)

Thanks Marii & AA!! I have to say, the cake's pretty plain to me - I feel like when i make cakes, I'm so freaking safe! i see other people's and they make GORGEOUS cakes!!! But I'm just too like... traditional! =P I need to make myself step out and be more daring!!! I'm such a chicken! AHHHh!!!